Latest Posts

{latest}

Rahul Gandhi is alleged to have informed ED that late Motilal Vora managed the YI-AJL transaction.

 NEW DELHI: Rahul Gandhi, the Congress leader, has informed the Enforcement Directorate that former Congress treasurer Motilal Vora was in charge of all transactions relating to the Young Indian's purchase of Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) assets worth hundreds of crores from Congress. The Congress MP, who was questioned for the third day in a row about Young Indian (YI), a firm managed by the Gandhi family that bought AJL's assets, denied personal knowledge of transactions being examined for possible money laundering in light of an IRS investigation.



"He has denied any knowledge of the loans or the accommodation entrance accepted by the Young Indian, putting it all on Vora, who is no longer alive," ED sources added. When asked for a response, Congress remained silent.



"Proceedings of the ED are of a judicial character, and disclosing them is a criminal violation," ED secretary Pranav Jha told TOI. As a result, we won't say anything about it."


Rahul's interrogation would resume on Friday, despite his request for an exemption on Thursday. Rahul and his mother, Congress leader Sonia Gandhi, own 76 percent of Young Indian, with Vora and Oscar Fernandes owning the remaining 24 percent (12 percent each). Vora died in December 2020 and Fernandes died in September 2021, respectively. According to ED sources, it was not by design that Rahul was not allowed to depart until 11 p.m. "He departs late because the Congress leader takes a 3-4 hour break after every three hours of questioning to'review' his replies... We've been receiving results in a big way.




It took just around six hours to interview him, according to the source.


While Rahul's examination will continue on Friday, Sonia has been called for questioning in the matter on June 23 after requesting a delay due to a Covid contract. After hearing testimony from Congress functionary Mallikarjun Kharge and the party's current treasurer Pawan Bansal in April, the ED issued summonses to both. Kharge and Bansal are both YI and AJL office bearers. Meanwhile, mayhem reigned in central Delhi, with Congress workers setting fire to cars and staging violent demonstrations, smashing police barricades as they attempted to march to the ED headquarters on APJ Abdul Kalam Road. On Wednesday, Rahul arrived to the agency around 11 a.m., taking an hour for lunch before returning.


Rahul Gandhi is believed to have informed the ED that he managed the YI-AJL transaction. With IIM Calcutta's Public Policy Programme, you may take the next step in your leadership development. Fear haunts Saharanpur: Houses will be demolished by bulldozers. For the first time in 109 days, daily Covid instances are expected to surpass 10,000. All YI-AJL dealings are due to the late Motilal Vora, according to Rahul. sources from the ED DELHI, NEW DELHI: Former Congress treasurer Motilal Vora was in charge of all transactions relating to the Young Indian's purchase of Associated Journals Ltd's (AJL) assets worth hundreds of crores from Congress, according to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.


>

The Congress MP, who was questioned for the third day in a row about Young Indian (YI), a firm managed by the Gandhi family that bought AJL's assets, denied personal knowledge of transactions being examined for possible money laundering in light of an IRS investigation. "He has denied any knowledge of the loans or the accommodation entrance accepted by the Young Indian, putting it all on Vora, who is no longer alive," ED sources added. "Proceedings of the ED are of judicial character, and disclosing them is a criminal violation," Congress secretary Pranav Jha said TOI when asked for a reaction. As a result, we won't say anything about it."


Fullscreen: 1.33 percent PlayUnmute Loaded: 1.33 percent Rahul's ED questioning in the National Herald case continues, with Congress vowing to ramp up demonstrations. Even as the Congress party prepares to increase its rallies throughout the nation, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) quizzed Rahul Gandhi for the third day in a row in connection with the money laundering case pertaining to the National Herald newspaper.


Rahul Gandhi has spent more than 30 years in politics. Rahul's interrogation would resume on Friday, despite his request for an exemption on Thursday. Rahul and his mother, Congress leader Sonia Gandhi, own 76 percent of Young Indian, with Vora and Oscar Fernandes owning the remaining 24 percent (12 percent each). Vora died in December 2020 and Fernandes died in September 2021, respectively. ALSO READ Case of the National Herald: Rahul Gandhi was interrogated by the Enforcement Directorate for 11 hours and was summoned again today. The Congress politician was questioned regarding transactions relating to Young Indian's purchase of Associated Journals Ltd, publisher of the National Herald and other Congress periodicals, for Rs 50 lakh, at 11 a.m. on Monday. The latter is a for-profit corporation run by Congress's president. Sources from the ED



 "He arrives late because the Congress leader takes a three- to four-hour break after every three hours of questioning to'review' his answers... "We've just had around six hours to interview him," stated the insider. While Rahul's examination will continue on Friday, Sonia has been called for questioning in the matter on June 23 after requesting a delay due to a Covid contract.


After hearing testimony from Congress functionary Mallikarjun Kharge and the party's current treasurer Pawan Bansal in April, the ED issued summonses to both. Kharge and Bansal are both YI and AJL office bearers. Meanwhile, mayhem reigned in central Delhi, with Congress workers setting fire to cars and staging violent demonstrations, smashing police barricades as they attempted to march to the ED headquarters on APJ Abdul Kalam Road. Rahul arrived to the agency at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, took an hour for lunch, and then returned to the investigation at 4 p.m.



According to sources, once YI acquired AJL, two of the company's founders, Suman Dube and Sam Pitroda, departed as shareholders and transferred their interests to Sonia and Fernandes. "As a consequence, the YI was transferred and control was transferred to Sonia and Rahul, both main owners with a shareholding of 38 percent each, and their close allies Motilal Vora and Fernandes, each with a stake of 12 percent," according to the investigative report. 


Both AJL and YI shared a board of directors who were also members of Congress, which "aided these companies in carrying out transactions among them with remarkable speed, even without following a logical sequence of transactions like a sensible businessman, prima facie leading to the unavoidable conclusion that these transactions were illegal."


According to the ED dossier, "because the YI did not have any cash at the time of alleged acquisition of a loan of Rs 90.21 crore, it claimed getting a loan of Rs 1 crore from Dotex Merchandise Pvt Ltd, a Kolkata based shell firm."

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. oneign.com - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by ThemeXpose | Published By Gooyaabi Templates